New York City
Miami | Orlando | Tampa
Henry Herrman is an attorney licensed in California, Florida, Louisiana and New York. He works with corporate clients, focusing primarily on commercial real estate transactions, leasing and landlord-tenant law. Having been a partner in a premier LA-based law firm, he now runs a mobile solo real estate practice coast to coast, handing acquisitions and dispositions, asset management and leasing for commercial office and retail properties across the country.
- Commercial real estate, leasing, landlord-tenant, construction, finance, real estate joint ventures and business transactions; landlord-tenant, lease, contract and construction litigation.
- Practice includes: Drafting, negotiating all real estate related transactional and joint venture agreements, loan documents, construction agreements (including AIA),
- Development agreements, and related real estate development documentation; real estate litigation matters, including UDs, breach of lease/guaranty, related disputes.
- Represent publicly traded commercial real estate landlords owning and managing over twelve (12) million square feet of first class high-rise multi-tenant office and retail projects in downtown Los Angeles (including, e.g., Wells Fargo Center, US Bank Tower, City National Plaza, California Plaza), and low and mid-rise office projects in other areas of Los Angeles, Orange and San Diego Counties (e.g., Sunset Media Tower in Hollywood, the Water Garden in Santa Monica; and Park Place in Irvine).
- Represent small to mid-size office and retail landlords for negotiating leases, asset management agreements, financing documents and construction agreements.
- Tenant representation for office, retail and industrial leases in downtown and suburban office, retail, industrial, residential and mixed-use projects throughout California.
- Represent national developer in negotiating and drafting architect agreements, contractor agreements, consulting agreements and related documents for first-class hotel and resort, spa, private residences, and golf-course redevelopment.
- Represent private equity firms in multiple joint venture transactions, including negotiating and documenting joint venture agreement, forming and documenting corporate formation, form leases, management agreements, and related documentation.
- Represent local and national real estate owners and investors in the acquisitions and dispositions of over $5 billion of office, residential, and retail properties, including purchase and sale agreements, due diligence matters, closing documents, and coordinating multiple concurrent escrow closings in single transactions.
- Represent apartment building owners in residential landlord-tenant matters, evictions, asset management and financings. Represent individual tenants in same.
- Represent fixed based operators (FBOs) at general aviation airports, drafting and negotiating hangar, office, and ground leases, related agreements, and disputes
- Admitted to the bar in California (2001), Florida (2018), Louisiana (2019), and New York (2003); U.S. District Court, Central District of California.
- Licensed California Real Estate Broker.
- Member, American Bar Association; State Bar of California; New York State Bar Association; Los Angeles County Bar Association (Real Property Section; Land Use Section); California Association of Realtors, Urban Land Institute; The Florida Bar; Louisiana State Bar Association.
- Residential and Commercial Leases and Landlord-Tenant Law Panel Member; Sterling Education Services Conference Series; January and April 2015
- “Elements of a Real Estate Loan – A Primer,” (Co-Author), Los Angeles County Bar Association Real Property Section Review (Summer 2005).
- “Mezzanine Financing: He Who Holds the Cash is King,” Los Angeles County Bar Association Real Property Section Review (Winter 2005).
- Privity: How HUD Avoided Contract Liability Under ELIHPA and LIHPRHA,” Southwestern University Law Review (Vol. 30, 2001).
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyer in Real Estate Law, Southern California Super Lawyers, selected by Law & Politics Media, Inc. (2012 – 2020).
- Young Lawyer of the Year Award Los Angeles County Bar Association Real Property Section (2008)